The Berea Municipal Court’s Probation Department oversees all defendants placed on Probation and Pre-Trial Supervision as the result of a traffic or criminal conviction. It is the goal of Probation to monitor compliance with the sentence imposed by the Judge, thereby reducing involvement of further criminal activity. Probation Officers assess the needs of the defendant and monitor the compliance of their terms of probation, as determined by the Court. Conditions of Probation can include paying restitution, alcohol and mental health assessments, counseling, community service and programs. Defendants are assigned to a Probation Officer who will supervise the conditions of their Probation and provide assistance in complying with those conditions. The standard rules of Probation are provided for your convenience, but you are urged to remember that these are the standard conditions, and the Judge may impose additional conditions.
Rules and Regulations of Probation:
- It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to read and complete all of the following conditions:
- Comply/complete all programs/treatment ordered by Probation Officer.
- Failure to report to Probation as ordered and/or comply with Probation may result in an immediate Probation Violation or Contempt of Court which may include additional jail, programs, or monetary fees.
- Change of address, phone number, or employment must be reported within 24 hours.
- You must first get permission from your Probation Officer before leaving the State of Ohio.
- To remain a law abiding citizen with no further Criminal or Traffic Offenses.
- You must report all new traffic or criminal charges within 24 hours.
- You must have lawful employment. Exceptions must be approved by Probation Officer.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for the use of alcohol or drugs or any other abuse of substances with the intent to alter your mind or mood (legal or illegal unless prescribed by a doctor) while on Intensive, Basic, Basic Non-Reporting, or Monitored Probation. You may be tested at any time at your expense.
*Any dilute or tampered screen will be considered a positive screen*
- You are not permitted to refuse any drug or alcohol test requested by any law enforcement agency.
- You are prohibited from possessing and/or purchasing a firearm or other weapon while on Probation.
Search and Seizure: Per ORC § 2951.02, during the period of Community Control Sanction you are subject to search with or without a warrant to include but not limited to the person of the offender, the place of residence, motor vehicle, items of tangible or intangible personal property.
Stacia Bellini: Chief Probation Officer/Administrator of Judicial Operations
P: 440-234-6025 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robb Chernisky: Probation Officer
P: 440-826-5869 Email: email@example.com
Brianna Hartman: Probation Clerk
P: 440-826-5867 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gianni Giacomazzo Probation Officer
P: 440-826-5833 Email: email@example.com
Jessie Wathey: Probation Officer
P: 440-234-6018 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenelle Cotto: Administrative Probation Officer
P: 440-234-2870 Email: email@example.com
Joanna Williams: Compliance Officer
P: 440-234-6017 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxes can be sent to all Probation Officer’s at 440-260-6072